Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service appertains to hoarding and/or sharing certain web content on a web hosting server managed by a website hosting company. There are different types of hosting services used for different aims, so let's take a glance at these. In this way, you can choose what you need, based on whether you desire to run a weblog, mail addresses, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by particular providers, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free file hosting accounts are often supported by showing ads next to the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific stretch of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a completely fallacious interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would apportion the workload between different sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web space hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some firms provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you desire to share a large quantity of pictures with mates or acquaintances since the service is commonly free. You will receive a random link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to administering your email address accounts. Some firms offer web page hosting services for sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting solution. If you wish to have an email address with your domain name but do not want to own a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can set up email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and several hundred site visitors, you may have a hard time with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video will enable you to manage as many video clips as you desire without hassling about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to keep a site. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and mail address accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Lonex, for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in one location. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse compared to the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for particular content only.